Dine In & Table number
You can use Appfront's platform to have a customer enter their table number, and bring the meal directly to their table, alleviating the need for a waiter.
In order to set up a dining option that will force a user to enter their table number you need to first mark "Ask for table code" in the setup section under Configure > Menu > Setup > Serving options:
Now, in the location settings, scroll down to "Dine in table code ranges" and enter the range which you want to enable a customer to select a table.
If you have more than one range you can enter them with commas, for example if you have 101-118 on the main floor, and 201-207 on the second floor, you can enter in that field:
When a customer will select to dine in at that restaurant, they will have to enter the table number they are sitted at:
The table number will be printed on the receipt:
Your URL template will consist of the following fields:
- Your website URL (for this example we will YOUR.RESTAURANT.COM
- Location id (branchId) - the location of this table - can be found in the online ordering site as a URL parameter: "branchId=LOCATION_ID" please read more here: Create Link To Order From Specific Branch
- Table number (tableCode) - the table code you want to open.
This is the URL template you'll need to use:
For each link, please change:
to the correct values
For example, if we are building the qr code for Bierstadtlager, with the following values:
- 1.YOUR.RESTAURANT.COM = bierstadtlager.appfront.ai
- 2.LOCATION_ID = 5e77579e2f5d250e142de64a
- 3.TABLE_CODE = 32
Switching these values will give us:
You will be able to see the online ordering / app open directly in the dine in menu, with the table already chosen