This section will describe how to open and connect your processor to the Appfront platform
Appfront is running transactions as part of its eCommerce, online ordering module.
Our solution is PCI Level 1 compliance, i.e. the highest level of security for "card not present" (CNP) transactions. Accepting credit cards via internet is much more risky and takes much deeper level of encryption than a card present, i.e. swiping card via POS transaction.
Our solution unique allows:
- Save cards on file, cross platform (mobile, web, etc)
- Fully tokenized
- Vast of anti fraud mechanisms
We support many types of processors around the world and we are constantly adding more providers. In order to connect Appfront to your processor, you will have to share your account credentials with Appfront's integration team.
Please find below explanation of the information you will have to send Appfront in order to connect your payment processor provider
The only thing you need to do is open a Stripe account, and then, click on this link and give us access to route transactions to your account:
Then navigate to Business Settings > Integration and toggle on the Process payments unsafely option. You will be asked to confirm that you know what you are doing before you can apply the setting. At the end of the process you should receive a link string that looks like this (see below) - please send us the string you received:
"access_token": "sk_live_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", }
First, create your Braintree account:
Now follow the steps:
Go to -> My Account -> My user
API Keys, Tokenization Keys, Encryption Keys -> View Authorizations.
Click View under Private Key in order to see your Merchant ID, public & private keys, and environment Send Appfront:
- Public Key
- Private Key
- Merchant ID
In your Braintree account, make sure the following unsupported features are disabled:
- Hosted Fields
- Fraud Tools
- Alternative Payment Methods
PayEezy its the official First Data Gateway Api platform, which allow to connect online transaction directly to your First Data account. Appfront Gateway connects directly to PayEezy so when your customer place an order online, it will go directly to your bank account via PayEezy gateway
First time you enter to your account you will have to update the initial password, and update your contact info.
- 1.Login to the First Data portal.
- 2.Go to Administration > Terminals
- 3.Provide the Gateway ID [A]
- 4.Generate a password using the button or create your own password. GENERATE password [B]
Get Api Credentials
Please send the following credentials and information to Appfront:
- 1.Business name: Your Brand Name
- 2.Store Name/Id: [South Beach. Miami]
- 3.PayEezy User name: XXXXX
- 4.Password [Updated]: YYYYY
- 5.Gateway ID: ZZZZZZZ
- 6.PASSWORD: AAAAAAA
- 7.TRANSARMOR TOKEN: BBBBBBB
We are connected to Express Gateway via Spreedly (ApplicationID-8619).
In order to provide us with the required information to set up the processor - if you have an eCommerce account - please follow the instructions below:
- 2.Select EC account
- 3.Select "Self Service" from left side navigation
- 4.Confirm "Merchant" appears in center of screen drop down and hit red "+"
- 5.Four tabs will appear, select "Processing Details"
Please provide us with the following:
- Account Token: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Account ID: XXXXXXXX
- Acceptor ID: XXXXXXXXX
- Default Terminal ID: XXXXXX
- StoreCard Password: XXXXXX
Application number (ApplicationID) for Spreedly is 8619
For each store:
- Location / Business name
- American Express Merchant ID number (if they have one)
- Maximum transaction amount
- Bank account (routing/account number) that each location needs their payments to fund into
- Billing code descriptor
- Customer support contact number
- Main point of contact (name, number, email, title) if that contact is not going to be you for each location
Please upload all the information to the attached spreadsheet.
Vantiv Onboarding 12-5-18.xlsx
Vantiv On boarding Spreadsheet
Vantiv will send you a welcome email with all the details / credentials Appfront will need to connect. Usually the credentials are sent without password, and the merchant owner should connect directly and take it.
The email subject would be: Start processing with Worldpay
Send us the user, merchant id and password (call this number - only the owner can get it)
Integrating AppFront transactions to process directly with Toast processing:
- AppFront able to send orders to Toast with payments that go directly through your POS, and not a separate payment gateway / processor (i.e., World-pay, First Data, Stripe, Braintree, etc)
- Your online ordering payment batch will be together with Toast - same time, same processing pricing.
You are doing everything directly from your Toast POS. No need to do nothing on the AppFront side.
- Void And Refund - now you can do it directly from Toast POS (and not from AppFront portal)
- Edit checks and add items - now you can also find the checks in Toast, and add more items for example
- Save credit card information as before - Your customers will still be able to save their credit card details on the App / online ordering, but after the transfer to the Toast payments, they will need to re-enter their credit card information
Currently, once you connect the online ordering, Toast "acts" like it is an in-store transaction (same as swiping card), and generate a receipt with a signature line.
This is a known issue in Toast and they will update it in future release (no availble dates - we will keep you posted once we get an update). In the meantime, there are a few workaround that can be done:
This section is for all CardConnect customers.
The deposits should be on a daily basis - the time can be controlled on the cardConnect back office. There are a few statuses:
- Processed - money in your account
How to check when was your last deposit?
Go to your CardConnect account:
You can also check your CardConnect deposits in your Toast reports.
In Toast backend, go to Reports>Sales>Sales>Choose the time frame and location>Click on Submit>Click on Payment Types
In order to do a partial refund, go to the Customer section in the Appfront Portal. Look up for the relevant customer you want to refund, by phone number or email. On the right side, you will see the Timeline activity:
Look for the correct date, make sure you refund the right order by checking the amount and location. When you press on the order, you will see all the items included in it. At the bottom of the order, there is the option to do a partial refund.
Just fill in the desired refund amount (according to the items above) and press Refund. You will have to confirm it on the top of the screen:
After your confirmation, you will get this message:
On the Timeline activity, you can see the refund was done successfully.