Advanced Serving Option Settings
Reminder: To set up a delivery option to your store you will first have to enable the delivery dining option in the portal.
Go to the Appfront portal to Configure -> Menu -> Setup.
Scroll to "Serving Options"
To add a new serving option click "+Add new serving option" and insert the name of the Serving option as it should show up in the App and click enter.
Under "Type" choose the desired dining option type:
- pickup - will show a bag icon / pizza takeaway box
- sitdown - will show a table setting
- delivery - will show a delivery vehicle
Different icon examples according to the type of restaurant and the type of serving option
The name that will show up on the App / Website
The name that will be printed out on the ticket (if this option is available on the POS type)
You can add a description to a serving option, which will be displayed beneath the serving option title:
"Grab N' Go!" is the description of "Take Out"
Should this serving option require the customer to enter their exact address for delivery (this is the indication in the app that this serving option is a delivery serving option)
- Same Day - can the customer choose a different time for the order later in the same day
- Prep Time - how long does it take on average to prepare the meal - will be used in order to calculate the next available delayed pickup time. - This is also the integer you need to set in order to change the intervals in delayed pickup menu.
- Future - can the customer order for the future - for a different day
- Future order buffer (0-30 by default) - The range of days allowed for future ordering
- Calculate time from: what hour of the day the system will calculate the days from. E.g. if in the future order buffer, we'll select up to 2 days, and the hour will be 10, the 2 days (48 hours) will be calculated starting 10am (instead of 0, hence midnight, as set by default)
This can be done by using the following parameter within your location: delayedOrderInterval
For example: if the interval is 20, the order will be for: 10:00, 10:20, 10:40, etc.
The time frames this serving option is available for ordering, outside of these time frames the customer will not be able to create an order with the specified serving option.
If you add the dining option after the menu has already been set up, make sure that when you create the new dining option you click the white box to the left of the "TimeFrames" and choose from a scroll down menu the menu that this menu will be a duplicate of. once you do that the menu that you had chosen will also serve as delivery menu.