New Store On-Boarding Checklist
Ready to roll out? This section will cover everything you will need to check and confirm BEFORE going live with a new location.
Appfront's platfrom is a combination of online ordering, loyalty and marketing modules. What we actually trying to say, that behind the scene, we are doing many things to make sure your customers get a seamless experience. Therefore, we will have to run sanity tests for each one of the modules:
- Online ordering module - this is the base
- Loyalty module - a layer on top of the ordering engine.
- Payment flow.
Our official answer - the more testing you'll make, the better. But it's really depends. Is it the first 1-3 stores you are launching ? Does the menu the same at all stores ? Are you using the same credit card merchant for the new store?
If you are running already with 3 stores for a long time, and it's the same menu - just need to run sanity tests, to make sure connection is ok, and the basic set up is fine. If it's a total new store, you MUST follow the all procedure.
- 1.POS crednetials
- 2.Processor credentials
- 3.New store information
In order to completly coverage any area of mistakes, we recommend to run test orders for ALL menu items in the menu. Yes, we know it might takes some time (we did it many many times, so we defintly understand that). But, remember that you usually do it only once (running so many orders by yourself). This will also will help you to get confidence on the platfrom knowing that you checked it by yourself.
Before testing, you will need to make sure that your POS was set up correctly. See more information on POS set up. In General:
- 1."Auto Fire" - turn it on in order to make the order go through your printers directly
- 2.Kitechen Display - where
- 3.Store tax - very important. Make sure the POS set up is the same as Appfront
So now you are ready to start testing! Take a credit card and start making some orders! We recommend you to do it under the name "TEST" or "DONT MAKE", so it will be easier to void all those orders and also, make sure that no one will make this order.
Let's start - Order item by item ( * ) and check the followings:
- 1.Orders print in the right printer (should be the same as Toast)
- 2.No Balance Due (if there is balance due - means you have a problem and items mapping)
- 3.Ticket sturcture - ingrediants, modifiers, etc.
- 4.Different serving options mapped correctly (Delivery, Dine-in, Take-out)
- 5.Payment types (if relevant) - Credit card, cash
- 6.Future / delayed order
- 7.Discounts via App - order with a coupon, order using points
( * ) if you just adding more locations, and it's the SAME menu, no need to test all items. Only make a few santiy tests with credit card and/or cash.
After a day of testing? You almost done, please make sure:
- 1.Void all orders at your POS
- 2.Refund all orders at your Appfront account (** "check out how do I refund an order")
The following section will explain how to test and confirm your loyalty module is working corretly. Appfront has many types of loyalty options and we will cover one by one.
IMPORTANT SET UP:
- Appfront Loyalty Turned On - need to ask you POS to open it.
- Scanner Set up
Loyalty modules either compensate your customers with coupons or points. Your customers can redeem their points either online, i.e. ordering from the App or web ordering. Or, they can use it at store level, using scanning. Before launching the app we need to check:
- 1.Scanner is scanning (connected correctly and actual scan)
- 2.Check that EVERY COUPON can be redeemed correctly (coupons are connected to discount at your POS - you want to confirm it was set up correctly)
- 3.Points redemption gives the right discount.
- 4.Visit counts
- 5.Check is right
Scan Testing - Collect points/Visit:
- On Toast:
- Make Order
- Select Rewards
- Press Scan
- On Appfront:
- Go to Scan
- Scan QR code
This section is very important, espscially, if it's a new merchant with a new merchant processing account.
When you open a new processing merchant account (please send us the credentials in order to connect the new proccesing account to the right new store) - you HAVE to make sure that you see the payments for this store hits the right bank account.
- 1.Make a few orders with credit card
- 2.Confirm that you see the transaction under your processor (Vantiv/First Data/Etc) account
- 3.Wait 24-48 hours
- 4.Check you bank account
For more information about payment - go to "Connect Payment Processor"