AppFront is a 360 restaurant digital platform. Our platform allow restaurant to communicate with their customers through any digital Chanel (Cross platform Omni Channel solution), online and in-store.
Customers can be identified for in-store transactions by either using their mobile app (with QR code) or by giving their email/phone number or name.
Check the video below to see how you can look up customers in-store:
The in-store sign up capability gives you the option to sign up customers directly from your POS, using the same mechanism as the customer lookup option. The flow is simple:
- Enter the customer phone number
- Send a SMS text message with a link to sign up, directly to the customer phone number.
- Customer click on the link and register
Send Sign Up Link:
Go to: Rewards
-> Look up Customer -> Look Up Customer:
Customer Look up
Click on the lookup option:
In the phone number field insert '0'
And then add the customer's phone number, and then press "Go" and choose the customer's new account:
The customer will receive a SMS with a link for ordering and scanning.
There are 2 options for the customer facing page:
Link to sign up page:
Sign Up link
Link to QR code for redemption:
Scanner is a great solution for closing in-store communication and marketing promotions with your customers. Scanning QR is much faster than typing phone number or name, and this is the reason for doing it. With scanning QR code you can do the following:
- Redeem Coupon / points
- Collect visits / points
- Pay - TBD
2D with USB Scanner
There is some configuration that needs to be done to set up a scanner with the Toast tablets. You will need a Honeywell 7580G-2 and if QR scanning functionality has not been set up already on that device, you will need to scan several QR codes to properly set it up: https://www.mediaform.de/fileadmin/support/handbuecher/barcodescanner/honeywell/Hon_Genisis7580-UG_Rev_C.pdf, (see pages 6-38).
You need to scan 3 barcodes, one after the other in order to enable scanning:
Step 1) Enabling QR codes:
Step 2) Enabling using QR codes with the tablet:
Step 3) Allowing the scanner to scan from a phone, without clicking the trigger button:
Optional A) Turn Scanner LED Off immediately after reading the barcode:
Optional B) LED Illumination:
In Toast, After starting a new order (and adding all of the customer's items), press on Rewards
And then "Lookup or redeem"
(old version) And then you'll see this screen:
- If you're using a Honeywell scanner, just scan the QR code with the scanner (you don't need to press anything).
- If you're using the tablet's camera, press on the "Scan QR code with Camera" and then scan with the camera.
(new version) In Toast's new loyalty the screen has changed to the following screen:
In this setup, you don't need to press anything in order to scan. just place the QR code in front of the reader and the reader will scan the barcode. If you'll press on "Scan" you'll be forwarded to the front facing camera in order to scan the barcode using the camera.
Ask the customer to scan his/her QR code:
Just open the app, on the home page screen, you should see a button says "SCAN"
App QR code - face to scanner
You can view the following video in order to learn how to redeem a coupon.
Start a new order
Start new order
Click on search
Take your scanner, and scan the customer's QR code
If the customer was registed by the App or Online, the system will recognize him/her
The customer's name and id will Pop Up
Now everything you order will apply to the customer's profile
Discount Applied to the customer profile
- 1.Set up a new Dine In dining option in Toast, and publish the configuration to all locations:
2. In the New (Beta) portal section in Appfront, go to Serving Options and click the "ADD A NEW SERVING OPTION" button in the top right:
3. Add a new dine in serving option
4. After adding the serving option, click on it and scroll down to reach the Point of Sale settings for the location you wish to connect, and choose the new Dine In serving option you set in Toast under the "Dining option" selector:
5. Save and repeat this process for every location.
6. On the New (Beta) portal section, go to "In Store Experience" and click on Setup:
7. Click on the location you and add the Table code ranges by separated by commas or with a dash if it is a sequence of numbers, for example: 1-40,56,78,Bar 20 Save the table codes and finally download the QR codes with the button below:
- Do customers need to create an appfront account? No need (the system will try to convert them to loyal customers just as with any other serving option)
- After a customer scans the QR code, would we be able to see it in toast as a table, pending order, closed order in payment terminal? Same as a regular pick up order, we send the table number and it will print on the ticket as a closed order in payment terminal.
- Would we receive a notification on our auto firing tablet/terminal? Yes, a ticket will be printed with the table number
- Can the sales total be modified after a customer sends order to kitchen? For example, if they request an item in the comments field can we add the charge afterwards? Yes, just as in the pickup orders, the orders can be edited in Toast